With more than 1 billion active users, Instagram is a leading social media platform.
Even if you’re not an avid Instagram user, I’m sure you will have come across a Sponsored Post. But how & why do people promote their posts?
Before we go further into this blog, the first thing you need to do is turn your Instagram account into a Business account.
If you don’t know how to follow these easy steps:
- Go to your profile and click on Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap switch to Business Profile Account
- Instagram do recommend to connect a Facebook Page associated with your business as it makes it easier to use all of the features available for businesses.
- Add details such as contact information etc. & then tap done.
Once your account is set up to a business account, you can utilise Instagram and get the most out of your account. So what is involved in promoting a post?
Promoting a post is the process of choosing one of your organic Instagram posts and paying to promote it. The promotion means your post will be sponsored and showed across Instagram feeds directing people to your profile, dm’s or website.
What are the benefits?
Increasing visibility is a huge benefit of promoting Instagram posts. Your target audience will be able to see what you offer directly on their feed. Make sure to add a call to action at the bottom of your sponsored post as this will direct visitors exactly where you want to. If you aim to get more people to your website, then by placing a visit website button can rapidly increase your website visitors, conversions and possibly increase customers too.
Promoting a post on Instagram means more engagement. Your post will be shown to more people, which means you are more likely to increase likes, comments, etc. You can also generate new followers by promoting posts. If your sole purpose is to get more followers, then having high levels of engagement is also essential to grow your account.
Steps to promote your post:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap promotions.
- Tap Create Promotions.
- Choose a post you’d like to promote.
- Fill in the details of your promotion. (If you want to send people over to your Instagram Profile then you will choose ‘Your Profile’)
- You then need to select your target audience – Instagram will offer an automatic option which targets people similar to your followers. Or you can create your own and manually enter targeting options.
- You then need to choose your budget and duration of the promotion. (the higher the budget = more accounts reached)
- Tap Create promotion.
Your ad will then be submitted for review by Instagram to ensure it meets their policies. A good thing to know is that you can pause your promotion at any point; this will pause all payments. The post will not reactivate unless you choose to do so.
So if you’re thinking about promoting a post then follow this easy guide above. No, you don’t need an extortionate budget! This tool is for anyone who wants to be noticed.
Here at TH3 Design, we specialise in Social Media Management. If your company is struggling on social media, we can create a social marketing strategy for your business! Click here to find out more.
Alternatively, get in touch today! 01482 223469
Or email us email@example.com